Our Lady of Grace parish is blessed to have a Blessed Sacrament Adoration Chapel. Parishioners may access the chapel 24 hours a day, seven days a week to pray before the reserved Blessed Sacrament. The chapel is unlocked and accessible through the sanctuary of the church when the church is open. The chapel is locked when the church is closed each night and on Sunday afternoons.
To access the chapel when the church is locked, parishioners may contact the parish office at (619) 469-0133 in advance to request a key for personal use. You should be aware, that there may not be any staff available on campus after hours, and you should dial 9-1-1 if you feel it necessary.
Your time in prayer with your family and friends will have an enormous impact not only on the parish community but also on yourself and those close to you.
If you wish to pray the rosary, feel free to do so, quietly and meditatively. There are prayer books and books of special devotion available for your use while you are in the chapel.
It's becoming increasingly evident that the only people in the world who are really happy, are those who know how to pray.
Thomas Merton, author on spiritual life
- Please observe silence in the chapel at all times
- As you enter or leave the chapel, the proper sign of respect to the Blessed Sacrament is a simple genuflection, the right knee touches the tround beside the left heel. If you are not physically able to genuflect don't worry, a deep bow is fine.
- Try to move around the chapel as little as possible so as not to distract others as they pray.
- Sign in and out in the book provided to the left of the south entrance.
- Please pray for the intentions of the parish.
- Please do not stay in the chapel during Mass. Doors to the chapel will be open during Mass.