Parishioners who have received First Communion are eligible to be trained as altar servers.
- Carry the cross/candles/incense during the procession into Mass
- Assist the priest by holding the books from which prayers are read
- Assist the priest in receiving the gifts during the offertory
- Assist in preparing the altar for liturgy
- Assist the priest in the ritual washing of his hands
- Carry the cross/candles/incense during the recession out of Mass
Once trained, altar servers are added to the Altar Server Roster. The roster indicates a preferred Mass time and whether or not the server is willing to substitute at different Masses. Altar servers are eligible to receive service hour credits for serving at Mass.